Change of mind
Please choose carefully as refunds are not provided where you have simply changed your mind or made a wrong selection. We recommend you carefully check all items prior to purchase.
If you have a minor problem with a product, Cortella can choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund.
Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.
Cortella may consider how much time has passed since you bought the product with the following factors in mind:
- Type of product
- How a consumer is likely to use the product
- The length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- The amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
All issues should be addressed with us within 7 days of purchase and receiving your goods. Proof of purchase will be required when requesting to return any item. In the case that a refund is offered, there is a 20% restocking fee.
Goods on which a return is not available
Due to hygienic and health and safety reasons, Cortella will not accept the return of items from the following categories under any circumstances:
- Beauty products
- Clothing, worn
- Cosmetics (if the hygiene seal is broken)
- Food items
- Gift cards
- Sale items
- Tobacco and related products
What is considered a major problem with a product?
A product has a major problem when:
- It has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- It is significantly different from the sample or description
- It doesn’t do what the product stated it would do, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major problem. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major problem.
In the instance of a major problem or an item that is damaged in your delivery, you will need to contact our customer service team with a photo and details of the damaged item.
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- Got what you asked for but simply changed your mind or decided you do not like the purchase or had no use for it
- Misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- Asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted
Cortella reserves the right to:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair; exchange or refund being refused.
What happens if I make an order and some items are out of stock?
We pick and pack our online orders from our Yarra Junction location which is also our main store for Cortella. Unfortunately sometimes items that are ordered online may be out of stock. If you order some items that are out of stock Cortella will contact you and offer you the most similar substitute or a refund for the out of stock items. If we do not hear back from you after 3 days of the order being placed we will refund the items that are out of stock and pack and ship out the items that are in stock. If you purchase via our website you agree to these terms and conditions.
If there is an incorrectly priced item in the store, we are not obliged to honour this price. The price the item scans at the register is the sale price.
If a customer has purchased such items, we will give them a full refund but will not sell the item at that incorrect price.
This may occur due to Managers missing price updates, human errors or customers moving items or changing the ticketed price.